Subject: No Subject
From: manou
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 16:48:45 +0100

Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:57:50 +0100
To: uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:30:33 +0100
Sender: owneratchinwag [dot] com

| Chris Heathcote wrote:
| >
| > Content is still the killer app of the Web, and if people want
| > content, they'll pay for content.

Stepan Magdalinski responded

| rubbish.
|
| I used to buy Time Out. I use www.thisislondon.com
|
| I used to have an A-Z. I use www.multimap.com
|
| I used to buy newspapers. I read about 20 news sites from around the
| globe.
|
| I used to read Adbusters, now I've got UKNM.
|
| content is getting cheaper by the day, by the hour, by the minute.

Not rubbish (pretty harsh Stepan...Chris had his points):

Time Out/thisislondon...are guides.

AZ/multimap are...maps.

Newspapers on wood or in bytes are...reporting from the same sources - so
its a question of what tickles your fancy, in writing style or POV.

Adbusters/UKNM allow people to express personal opinions - perhaps most
valuable on your list.

The sort of content listed here is not what I believe Chris was refering
to. You cannot compare a map or guide book with...say...a comprehensive
analysis of the future of the fishing industry in Norway...that may not be
the best example, but you get the picture. Generic info vs focused or very
current info. If you want niche quality information - you still have to
pay for it.

Manou Marzban
BiblioTech
VP Marketing & Public Relations