Subject: UKNM: UK hosting/ catalogues
From: Harry Warner
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:37:48 +0100

Dear All,

I have been lurking for some weeks and have finally got something to
post which may be of interest. My question is what you think of getting
US hosting for a UK E-commerce site.

The benefits, driven by stateside competition, seem to be cheaper
monthly fees for a more efficient service with better features. This may
be unpatriotic but it is business reality; furthermore by locating your
site on a North American server your worldwide connectivity is faster.
We are discussing this point in a current thread related to UK internet
transactions, would appreciate any postings on this point too, namely
Barclays' prohibitively high cost transaction system for the smaller
merchant.

Many Thanks,
Harry Warner.

http://www.citiescommerce.com/WWC2_toc.htm"