Subject: Re: UKNM: Value of email database
From: Charles Meaden
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 18:55:17 +0100

Just like offline mailing lists, the value of an email database will depend
on it's accuracy and the people listed on them.

The success of Yesmail and PostMaster Direct in the States would imply that
people are prepared to pay for high quality lists. We know from experience
that these lists are worth using if you are running a global campaign.

However try obtaining any UK addresses from either of these and you appear
to run into brick wall. Yesmail told me last week that only 1 out of the
seven million email addresses could be positively identified as from the UK
and they didn't seem able to do a sort on just .co.uk addresses.

We are currently developing a site which will offer purely UK based opt-in
mailing lists so watch this space...

Regards

Charles Meaden