Subject: RE: UKNM: anyone got capital?
From: tristan
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:31:19 +0100

Thought a comment was in order on this thread in general.

My experience is that there is start up capital available in the UK, both
large and small amounts. I agree with some of the earlier postings that a
good business plan and a demonstration of some prior achievement helps,
even if its just a half good employed career earlier.

What I have found though is that because many of us who start in this
industry are relatively inexperienced at the begining, we can tend to be a
little naive in terms of what is expected from the point of view of the
size of investment on day one.

If you take Corpex as an example (no plug intended) Corpex was started with
a relatively small amount and has been self funding from nearly month 3.
Manageable growth has allowed us to become a major force in our niche - to
the extent that people trying to by us for substantial amounts is becoming
a weekly event.

My overall point therefore is this. If you have a good idea and want to
make it work - do persist, but bear in mind that investors are nervy about
their cash on day 1.

If any of you wish to start a new business in this industry, or have a
venture that really needs a boost, don't hesitate to contact me as we may
well be able to help as we are always looking to invest in new or exciting
projects.

Best regards

Tristan Palmer
MD - corpex.com, kirion.com, lifestyle.co.uk

Please respond to uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com