Subject: UKNM: this is for posting to net marketing
From: Errol Getner
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 19:02:02 +0100

[Sam says: Designers Direct asked me to post this on the list in the light
of recent discussions about Boo.com...]

Designers Direct.com®, the pioneer designer apparel webstore, closes its
doors after 4½ years

for more information go to http://www.DesignersDirect.com

for the full press release as follows:

On June 15, Designers Direct.com will stop accepting orders at
http://www.DesignersDirect.com. All orders placed prior to the 15th will be
fulfilled and shipped to customers.
After 4½ years of selling casual designer apparel, footwear, and eyewear,
management regrets that, as a result of current market conditions, it is
forced to make this decision due to an inability to obtain needed financing.
Designers Direct.com's strategy focused its marketing and brand building in
foreign markets. They shipped to over 150 countries and provided support
and communications with its customers in 8 languages.
As part of its strategy to provide its customers with prompt, responsive,
and unparalleled world class personalized service, Designers Direct.com:
· Fulfilled all apparel orders from its own
warehouses.
· Maintained its own call center and communicated with
customers in German, Dutch, French, Japanese, Spanish, Italian,
Portuguese, and English.
· Maintained and administered its own servers and
databases
in an in-house network operations center.

"I want to thank our customers for their patronage and extend my deepest
appreciation to our dedicated and hardworking employees, who diligently
served our customers needs" said Errol Getner the company's founder and CEO.

"We had a great website, appreciative customers , wonderful employees and
supportive suppliers. We have learned a great deal about Internet
marketing, merchandising, providing personalized service, generating
effective PR and driving qualified traffic to Designers Direct.com.

Along with Todd Getner, our President and CTO, who created an attractive,
functional, easy to use and navigate eCommerce webstore, I will be
exploring opportunities in organizations that seek experienced management
and practical creative solutions to all of the issues related to running a
successful website. Our experience, in the fulfillment of international
orders, website programming and establishment of a multilingual
personalized service center, can be utilized in any website that seeks to
be global," continued Errol Getner.

Designers Direct.com will be liquidating the various assets of its business:
· The DesignersDirect.com domain name and associated URLs
· Servers and workstations, routers, switches, UPS backup
batteries,
Software
· Apparel inventory

Interested parties requiring more information should contact:
Todd Getner
President / CTO
480-443-0900
TgetneratDesignersDirect [dot] com

Errol Getner
Designers Direct.com

Email: emgatDesignersDirect [dot] com
faxes: 480-348-1808/480-443-5603

Designers Direct.com® The webstore for
stylish designer clothing for your casual lifestyle

Security, Selection, Service and Savings®

Clothing the World™ since 1996