Subject: RE: UKNM: Publishing on the internet
From: Stewart Dean
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 22:53:07 +0100

>From my experience (no details) one thing about traditional publishing
houses, as well as other media production companies like TV production
companies is clear. They have a much better understanding of content than
new media houses.

My suggestion to any .com or agency contemplating creating their own content
is, unless you have staff who have worked on magazines and a full content
production team, would be be to out source it to an experienced publishing
company.

Repurposing magazine copy isnt that a good idea but, ironically, TV scripts
work quite well (once you've subed them). They have the right about of
length and punch for the web. I would also say it's best to create
complimentary content and ensure anything a publishing company does on the
web is closely integrated with the paper magazine with staff writers and
editorial team in charge of content.