Subject: RE: UKNM: this may be a false alarm, but....
From: Gary Hull
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 17:27:33 GMT

As you can see by the flurry of e-mail on this string, these warnings *are*
a type of virus. They have been known to clog corporate e-mail systems
while everybody forwards the message.

A valid warning should include a link to a reputable source. But, since
the pranksters also know this, they have sometimes provided links in order
to cause network congestion at a target site.

As I point at the send button, I fully realize that I am yet another victim
of this time-wasting e-mail virus. My suggestion is that future recipients
validate a warning before forwarding it.

Gary Hull
XyNexT Business Strategies