Subject: RE: UKNM: Latency
From: James Tarin
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:20:05 GMT

>I fully agree with the sentiment coming from both yourself and Sam, that its
>time to move on to something else... Again may I thank all of you for the
>advice. I must have been very lucky not to have encountered many of these
>viruses before, as in the four or so years I have been using the net, this
>may well be the first...

How about rather than killing the thread we actually make it more
relevant...

What about creating email viruses (i.e. messages or memes that get
forwarded) which are actually valuable rather than timewasting or
destructive. These entities could be regarded as symbiotic as opposed to
parasitic (the hosts being the senders and recipients of the mails).

Can these entities not be used as powerful marketing tools (given the
incredible reach that they have and their speed of replication)?

My feeling is that they can, and they would spread quickly in focused
communities with a common interest if they conferred some benefit.

james