Subject: RE: UKNM: Latency
From: James Tarin
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:21:29 GMT

Ross Sleight wrote:

>Anyway, despite my lack of memory (answers on a postcard to the
>normal address for reasons why my memory is so bad pls.), they created a
>spoof of the good times virus telling individuals to go to the site
>where the novel was.

This is actually entirely different from what I meant. I do not regard
this type of email as valuable, more detrimental.

I was referring to email messages that propagate as a result of
something beneficial that they contain - and recipients wishing to
confer this benefit to their colleagues. The model is the screensaver
that everyone sends around - the execution could be much better (use
something more valuable, more relevant and less bulky).

james