Subject: RE: UKNM: Whats next after Freeserve?
From: foxtucker
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:39:56 GMT

Tim Dunton wrote

> I've been trying to work out what is going to be the next big thing after
> Freeserve? Does anyone have any ideas? Could it be paid for ISPs where the
> ISP pays you to use the service? Could it be free calls? Could it be flat
> rate calls? Or is it nothing to do with access at all?
>
> Anyone got any ideas?

L.A. at christmas, I heard a radio feature about Californian company (name
eludes me) launching an Access service where each 'successful' subscriber
was given a PC to access their service.

Subscribers were vetted for income, lifestyle etc. They had to guarantee to
spend xyz hours online per week and we're delivered banners and content of
most interest.

The company plan to roll our 10,000 PC bundles through 1999.

What's next? They give you the House to site in while you surf, the cash to
pay for all the goodies they want to advertise and then pay you a buck a
minute, every time you call technical support.

Regards - Fox Tucker
Group Managing Director
The answer is Shocking! Now What's the question?