Subject: Re: UKNM: Last Minute or How not to run an e-commerce site?
From: Alex Dale
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:58:38 GMT

I remember reading that Mr Bezos of Amazon has regular "scaling" meetings where
each month they try to predict all the things that can go horribly wrong with
their hardware / software platform. It's a very difficult thing to do,
particularly in a start up phase. My advice would be to warn customers / form a
"virtual queue" if things are looking messy.

Alex