Subject: UKNM: Re: Banner fixation
From: aaa
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:59:14 GMT

From: Anthony Appleby
ATL Strategic Communications Ltd, Web site promotion
email: aaaatatl [dot] uk [dot] com

Banner fixation

Let's not be myopic about banner advertising.

I could list 40 other ways of promoting your site online without
paying full price for banners. One site we promoted gained over 8
million page impressions in a month with less than 1000 pound spent
on banners.

In order to provoke more discussion about the effectiveness of these
other methods I'd like to ask what success any of you have had with
search engine placement, sponsorship or affiliate programs. It'd be
nice to compare (even roughly) the effectiveness of banner
advertising against other methods.

Anthony Appleby
Web Site promotion
aaaatatl [dot] uk [dot] com