Subject: Re: UKNM: Whats next after Freeserve?
From: Ian Betteridge
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:47:18 GMT

> And of course, forget PCs, Macs, computers, it's gonna be Net access via
> TV, so you might see some interesting prospects there like free TVs but
> you pay a monthly subscription for access to the services being
> provided.

No - it *won't* be access via TV, at least not the standard living room TV
that's watched by more than one person. In our house, we already have too
many arguments caused by channel hopping - can you imagine how bad they'd be
if you mixed the Web into that?

And for kids-in-bedrooms, a PC is easier to justify (as 'educational') than
a Web-equipped TV.

Of course, all that becomes irrelevant with the launch of PlayStation II.

--
Ian Betteridge News Editor, MacUser UK
W: 0171 917 3872 M: 07957 235463