Subject: UKNM: RE: UKNM Digest V1 #424
From: Ian Buzer
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:52:35 GMT

> There are - and some of them can be found listed at
> http://www.which.net/webtrader/ - in my experience the scheme
> promises that
> retailers will maintain certain standards but in the event that they don't
> Which? is powerless to do anything. Look how jungle.com speedily returned
> to the fold after apologising for its bad behaviour. If Which really had
> consumer's interests at heart it would have waited a month or two for
> Jungle to prove itself again. The webtrader scheme is yet another nonsense
> that will damage the credibility of this fantastic new medium in the eyes
> of new users.

And they also make a pretty poor job of leading by example. Upon initial
application, you are told it will take 1 month to process, and also told
strictly not to contact them during that period.

We had to resubmit, due to a couple of non compliances, and we still haven't
heard back two months later. Now if we offered our customers service like
that ....

Ian Buzer
Preloved Classifieds - UK & Ireland.
The Online community built out of second hand stuff.
http://www.preloved.co.uk/