Subject: RE: UKNM: .com vs .co.uk - UK consumer understanding?
From: Glen Collins
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:03:29 +0100

A very, very basic (and obvious) rule of thumb that I would apply is get as
many of the domains as you can - these days this also includes .uk.com,
.net.uk, .net, .gb.net, .ltd.uk etc etc

In many cases this includes mistypes of your domain too to capture any
additional traffic - at the end of the day a domain name is peanuts to buy
so you may as well get maximum traffic out of them.

Point them all towards your service and you can be fairly sure that if you
have them all, people don't need to remember the domain bit of your ads.

However, for marketing material (including ads) I still think the .com
domain has more credibility in todays market, and this is what I would
recommend a client actually promotes.

The main problem these days is that the full set is not available, and you
have to compromise with promoting non .com domains as your preferred domain
has already gone. Hence things like .uk.com are now being pushed by people.

Glen.

__________________________________
Glen Collins
Digital Outlook Communications Ltd