Subject: RE: UKNM: Valuing a domain name
From: Glen Collins
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 19:43:32 +0100

As with all these things, they're worth what someone else is willing to pay
for them!

We've been involved in a few deals whereby clients of ours have purchased or
looked to purchase domains and there is no fixed price or even parameters
that you can really work to.

Not very helpful I'd admit, but it's the way things are out there, there's a
large element of luck if you're looking to speculatively buy up domain
names.

However, I can tell you that the vast majority of the potentially lucrative
ones went years ago, and you also need to be a little bit careful as I
believe there are some legal cases out there whereby companies can force you
to give back their domain.

Glen.

Glen Collins
Digital Outlook Communications Ltd