Subject: Re: UKNM: New acronymn for general parlance - YABNMA
From: Felix Velarde
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 11:18:00 +0100

On 21/5/98 I read:

> Self-congratulatory back-slapping and self-serving face-stuffing
> booze-quaffing hilarity aside, which of the awards (if any) do you
> reckon are actually worth winning? I mean, they're not exactly the
> Oscars, are they?

Our most valued awards are the two IPPA (Internet Professional
Publishers Association, http://www.ippa.org) awards. They thrash
the EPICAs, Marketing Design Award, MacUser award and our D&AD
annual entries into the ground. Why? Because they are judged by
internet designers, and they provide a thorough (and I mean
several thousand word) critique of all of the good and bad
points of a web site. Whilst the other awards are valuable from
a client's point of view (that is they are awards that have
brand value in traditional design and communications terms), the
IPPAs give us highly-qualified feedback and recognition by our
peers.

On a tangent, I went to a D&AD dinner a couple of years ago, and
the food was absolutely shite. So there :)

Felix Velarde

Managing Director Head New Media

[ success is about interaction ]
[ voice + 44 (0) 171 737 7579 ]