Subject: RE: UKNM: UK is leader in e-commerce
From: Martin Lloyd
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:27:58 +0100

>From what I remember the article said it looked at category leaders and then
rated their web sites. So you only got considered for the study at all if
you're one of the top seven or eight companies at whatever you do. This
immediately excludes most web based businessed and a lot of the medium sized
firms who've made it big on the net - they simply aren't big enough to rate
a mention.

Of course if these firms really have got the web right their growth online
may see them outstrip the hidebound lumbering beasts of the blue chip world
and then we'll all be millionaires....

And as I said before these companies are multi-nationals, their business
practices may be European, their domestic market may be European but the
place they're making most of their efforts isn't.

Martin Lloyd

Domino Systems
Entertain * Inform * Interact