Subject: Re: UKNM: Not long now
From: Stefan Magdalinski
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:29:09 +0100

Rick Sareen wrote:

> Looks like momentum is building :
>
> "Free" Internet access services, however, are fuelled by regulatory
> kickbacks from high priced, per minute phone charges. Despite all the hype,
> the free access business model is not the solution; it is a symptom of the
> problem of high phone rates, which if left uncorrected, will continue to
> slow adoption of the Internet and e-commerce in Europe.
>
> For this reason, AOL is working to "turn off the clock" for online
> consumers. We're speaking to governments and regulators across the EU, and
> we're working on a commercial solution as well. We aim to provide European
> consumers with the same access to cheap, flat-rate local calls as enjoyed
> in the US and won’t quit until the Internet becomes the most important and
> useful medium across Europe -- for everyone -- not just an online elite.

rubbish. Read 'AOL is putting out spoiler campaigns to try and stem the
rate at which they haemorrage customers to their rivals, with ever
increasing desperation"

anyone seen the latest AOL cds?

<HUGE TYPE>520 free hours*!!!!!!!!!!!!

<SMALL PRINT>*in your first month only. Thereafter 2.35 per hour.

That's 15 hours per day! Anyone want ot take a month off work to try out
AOL?

stefan

--
/**
Stefan Magdalinski *new!* mobile:07931 376142