[Previous] [Next] - [Index] [Thread Index] - [Next in Thread]

Subject: Re: UKNM: More webwashing.... yawn!
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:29:12 +0100

Sajid Mohammed <g23atrocketmail [dot] com> said:

>No! Sponsorship is emphatically *not* banner advertising!

Ray Taylor <tayloratnmcadplan [dot] com> asked (misquoted by Sajid):

Sajid Mohammed <g23atrocketmail [dot] com> then said:

>Well Ray, you put *banners* in your advertiser supported content and
>get 17% CTR. Get the case study from AEP and get the full picture.

Forgive me if I fail to understand your point, here Sajid. My point is that
banner advertising can work very well if done properly. Your example of 17%
CTR on *banners* "in your advertiser supported content" would seem to
support that view. I repeat that I have no particular love of web ad banners
as opposed to other forms of online advertising.

If the campaign you mention took a creative view of how to place banners and
whatever else was placed, that's great. Well done! I'm all in favour of
creative media placement as well as creative creative.

As to telling you who my blue-chip clients are, as I told another member of
this list a while back, if I tell you who my clients are (sorry, not sure if
any of them _are_ "blue chip", where does one find the list of blue chip
firms?), you would only have to wave that 17% CTR to steal them all from me.

When it comes to willy waving I prefer to keep my modest offering well
inside my pants.

Moderator please note, I will not make any further comments on this thread
as I think it has worn a little thin.

Ray Taylor
NMC/Adplan +44 181 639 0015