Subject: Re: UKNM: Not long now
From: Nabil Shabka
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 12:53:56 +0100

Does anyone out there ever wonder if chasing this 'all you can eat' flat charge
system is a complete waste of time? In time IP telephony will surpass POTS
usage. The important point here being that it's all going to be 0's and 1's.
Data charging will become the norm, probably along the lines that Orange
pioneered - pay as you go, 10MB a month and 60MB choices. Question arises
then, who's in better shape. The industry over here where consumers are used
to time based charging which can be twisted to data based charging or the US
that is used to 'free' local calls? At the rate Europe is moving, by the time
we actually have 'all you can eat' pricing we'll have moved models.

Nabil

--
Nabil Shabka
BiblioTech