Subject: RE: UKNM: Internet Delivery
From: David Simpson
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:57:05 +0100

The vetting procedure (for the shops and garages) would need to be quite
strict then - we have recently been through the Merchant Application thing
and it's fairly long winded.

Doesn't this simply highlight the need for one of the delivery big boys to
seize the initiative and tailor their service to what customers (end users)
want rather than what fits with their own systems / timetables / shifts.
Something like - 2 delivery options 10am-4pm (targeted at businesses) and
6pm-10pm (targeted at residential addresses). It sure as anything beats "we
called but you were out so tough" message that you get at the moment. BTW -
what is the use of the Parcelforce before 10 service ? Most offices open at
9am (in which case they will have tried to deliver at 8:40 guaranteed) most
people leave the house around 8am (9.55am or I'll eat my hat).

Rgds

David Simpson
Pool.Net

[Sam says: msg chopped...]