Subject: Re: UKNM: Lord save us from tampax banners on the web....
From: Amanda Christie
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 13:08:00 +0000 (GMT)

This ISN'T a female thing but why on earth would anyone be perturbed
by such advertising. It blows my mind that someone would! (and the
reasons why)

I guess the first time a Tampax advert arrived on our TV screens (this
is where we hope www is going) you may have also been shocked. The
internet NEEDS to be more consumer - surely!

GEEEZZZZ.

---Zelda Rhiando <zeldaatsunbather [dot] co [dot] uk> wrote:

> >>I assume you're asking this with reference to targeting >female specific
> >>advertising?
> >
> >>Lord save us from tampax banners on the web....
> >
> >You have to be joking, these are exactly the bread and butter revenue ads
> >that this media is missing in the UK:
>
>http://www.fastsummit.com/adgallery/adgallery7_31_98/ad_of_day/8_20_ad_index
> >.htm
> >
> >Personally I can't wait for these, washing powder, toilet paper, toothpaste
> >and toilet cleaner.
> >
> >Procter & Gamble, Lever Brothers & Kimberly Clark spent over £216 million
> >pounds on advertising last year. If just 1% of that was spent on Banners,
> >then the Internet advertising market would rise 14%.
> >
> >So don't be negative about these guys.... We love them!
>
> <FILTER="irony" VALUE="full"> And whilst we're at it why don't we rid the
> web of all those pesky user pages?</FILTER>
>
> >Philip Rooke
> >'Advertising' Sales Director
> >Carlton Online
> >t:0171 663 3682