Subject: Re: UKNM: Boo.com literally asked for it . . .
From: Steve Mynott
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 14:16:54 GMT

decoding the boo.com response

> Thank you for taking time to check out our website, and provide valueable
> feedback.

we spent too much on our site to afford a spell checker

> Our website has been designed with the new browser and Internet connection
> technology in mind, using the most innovative techniques around today, which
> is why it may be experienced as slow on some Internet connections.

we admit our site is too slow and uses bleeding edge stuff

> As for Miss Boo, she is the site's comic relief, so to say. She is there to
> guide the
> user that is not so accustomed to the web, and to provide amusement for the
> user who has seen and heard everything. She also helps to describe different
> products, and provides fashion advice.
> If you aren't happy with her, it's easy to shut her down. Just mouse over
> the
> white text in her window, and tell her to go away.

we admit everyone hates Miss Boo as much as the paperclip

--
1024/D9C69DF9 steve mynott steveattightrope [dot] demon [dot] co [dot] uk http://www.pineal.com/

"those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it."
-- george santyana, 1905