Subject: Re: FW: UKNM: Re: UKNM Digest V1 #319
From: Stefan Magdalinski
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 18:18:14 GMT

Tom Hume wrote:

> Kate
>
> Do you have any references for where I can find out more about Virgin's WAP
> support - I can't see any mention of it, or "VMAWTP" on their site. Stef -
> you built the Virgin Mobile site, is there something obvious I'm missing?

Not at present. The technology's there, but we won't discuss on the
website until some user apps actually get rolled out.

and if anyone thinks I'd let a hideous acronym like VMAWTP near the
site, it'll be pistols at dawn. ;)

> My understanding was that Virgin Mobile is a rebranded One2One service -
> are One2One supporting WAP right now then?

It's a bit more than that. The basic network is one2one's but VM have
their own over-the-air platform, that allows a whole load of different
services and capabilities. we'll be rolling stuff out fairly soon.

and no, I'm not going to get drawn into any more discussion.

> I take it you're involved with them in some way? I have to say you're
> sounding a bit like a press release ;)

that'd be the PR agency working hard...

stefan