Subject: Re: UKNM: one-stop-shop
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 11:20:08 GMT

Some anonymous email address said:

> but what else could turn an average offering into something really special?
> (making it ALL FREE would be nice, but i've checked and it seems to do
> something nasty to the cashflow forecast???)

That's easy - excellent customer service. Given the awful standard of ISP
offerings in the UK even average customer service would be a USP, but it
would not be a good business model for a new business so heart-stoppingly
excellent customer service is the key. If you don't know what I mean by
this, then find out before you talk to any VCs.

I would also suggest factoring small businesses as the target customer base
as these are more likely to have a need for DIY website services than
individuals.

Best example of an equivalent business model in the US is webcom.com
although they have now moved on from being an excellent package for small
businesses with fast access to and excellent package for small businesses
that have no need of fast access.

Ray Taylor
eyeconomy