Subject: Re: UKNM: A quick Language question.. another thanks
From: Neelesh Sonawane
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:09:22 GMT

Humm. Might try this. To really push the concept I think it would be good
to only make visual references to the language rather than spell it out,
let the user guess, that way it will all become a learning experience,
broadening the mind of the individual and creating the sensation of
actually having travelled there and back, learnt the language and now not
having any use of the translating service.
Clever ideas, clever ideas.. I like it, I like it...
<g>

BUT really thanks for all the suggestions.. esp. the humourous ones. I've
passed them over the pond and if anything other than an animated gif comes
of it I'll post the address here.

nee

>At 21:00 26/10/98 -0000, you wrote:
>>From: Neelesh Sonawane <neeleshatblue-d [dot] demon [dot] co [dot] uk>
>
>>I'm sure one of the hotshot creative agencies out there can come up with
>>something more imaginative than flags to illustrate language. Any offers?
>A real video clip, embeded within a director/ shockwave piece containing
>well known landmarks and full history of each country in the world, with an
>embeded rollover of the video that launches a plug-in that changes your
>cursor to reveal a "remote" style window containing language selections of
>the desired region.
>
>But flags _would_ be easier.
>
> Lee

***
BTW: Ouch! Plz be careful. I'd never be so crass as to use the words
hotshot, creative and agencies in one sentence. I din't write that bit.
(whoever did I don't mean to say you are crass just pointing out a
mis-quote =)

neelesh sonawane
london. NW4 1DL
t/f: 0181 203 1741 m: 0961 138 390