Subject: Re: UKNM: Wimps?
From: Steve Johnston/IMRG
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 14:56:02 GMT

< Snipped lots of good stuff - thanks Peter >

>If you don't believe me ask Dr. Murdoch at Amazon.co.uk about
>finding a million quid to fund IBS.

I have, but it was when he was looking for a million quid to fund
Bookpages. Darryl Mattocks has a similar story to tell about IBS, however.
Darryl, you out there? Wha's happenin'? There are few internet millionaires
in the UK and I suspect Darryl's bottom-line credibility with the city -
thanks in part to a very traditional PLC (WHSmith) acquiring his business -
will make the next effort that much easier to fund. Go to it Darryl, we
need more conspicuous investment successes.

People. Are there any updates on the IBS story? I heard rumours of some
'high' powered appointments but see no sign of trading activity beyond the
site itself. Whilst it is impossible to miss Amazon.co.uk's launch.

Steve Johnston
Director of Development
IMRG http://www.imrg.org/
Tel: +44 (0)7000 46 46 74