[Previous] [Next] - [Index] [Thread Index] - [Next in Thread]

Subject: Re: UKNM: Quixell - QVC on the Net?
From: Martin Reeves
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:48:04 +0000 (GMT)

The main strength of the auction model in my opinion is that it is
very effective in getting visitor to return on a regular basis. Given
that people are prone to return (even if its just to see how much
something went for that they had no intention of buying) eventually
they are going to be exposed to a product that catches their eye.

Some info from a recent Quixell press release that you all may find
interesting:
------
[Quixell is] currently experiencing customer growth of 30% a month,
with annual sales now running at over £3m, after nine full months of
trading.
------

Given the above information its surprising that there are so few
UK auction sites - I can only think of 3 - Quixell, Lastminute.com
which is just getting off the ground and another whose name eludes
me at the moment. Anyone know of any others?

Best Regards
Martin

FOCUS DIGITAL LIMITED http://www.focusdigital.co.uk/
Internet Consultancy and high impact web design solutions.
Martin Reeves, Managing Director Tel: +44 (0) 1889 576213
Do your Xmas shopping online! http://www.shopguide.co.uk/

[Previous] [Next] - [Index] [Thread Index] - [Next in Thread]