Subject: Re: UKNM: QXL
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:47:01 +0100

Tim Dunton <timatglobalgold [dot] co [dot] uk> said:

>Surely, if this company is about to float they would get their web
>site sorted out first? Has anyone else had any similar problems with
>QXL?

When QXL floats they will find that web site failings will be the least of
their worries.

The next round of flotations will be notable for their poor peformance.
Freeserve suffered, and QXL will suffer, through lack of sufficient
intrinsic value as against high costs and losses.

The UK equities markets are not the same as those in the US where you have
such a vast number of uneducated retail investors that shortage of stock
alone provides sufficient momentum to any internet-related investment (as it
did for the first few weeks of Freeserve's public life).

Don't get me wrong, I think what QXL has done is wonderful. But hopefully
their experience and that of Freeserve will help to bring investment
expectations back down to Earth.

A case of too much sizzle, not enough sausage.

Ray Taylor
www.eyeconomy.com
eyeconomy - the first and foremost uk interactive advertising agency