Subject: Re: UKNM: QXL
From: Stefan Magdalinski
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 17:28:05 +0100

Sean Phelan wrote:

> Yes, I am sure that, as a mould-breaking new mediah start-up, the people
> who understand Certificates are the same people that make the go/no go
> decision on the IPO. I can just imagine the conversations...
>
> Smart merchant Banker: "Well, now Freeserve is underwater we can't go for
> the full $500m, but if we can get out before the millennium then we are
> comfortable above $240m"
>
> Banker thinks "Hm... we earn 7% of funds raised; it will close within 1999
> and that will push my annual bonus well into six figures..."
>
> Venture Capitalist thinks "Hm; we own 40%; our stake will be valued at $100m;
> I'll have exceeded my target for the year and I'm on track to become a
> director with my own fund..."
>
> QXL dude: "Hm, well the market fundamentals are good and we would all like
> to go into the new year as paper millionaires, but our Secure Certificates
> are still not working right, so we are going to postpone the IPO".
>
> Venture Capitalist: "Mr dude, you've been working very hard... perhaps its
> time you took a non-executive role; why don't we take you out of day-to-day
> operations and let you concentrate on the big picture?"
>
> VC and banker, together, "The IPO goes ahead".
>
> No offence to Chetan or Tim; and DEFINITELY no reference to any real people,
> alive, dead or on vacation, and if anybody is interested in how these
> things happen, go to Multimap.com, click on the "BOL.com" icon in the
> top left hand corner, and buy three books:
>
> "Burn Rate"

busted! I see your sly attempt to boost multimap's affiliate fee
revenue, and hence bring *your* IPO forward 6 months. I'll only
participate in this blatant scam if you give me some 10 shares of
multimap stock, for each time I click the link.

it's by Michael Wolff, by the way. and everybody should read it. twice.

stefan

--
/**
Stefan Magdalinski mobile:07931 376142