Subject: RE: UKNM: qxl
From: Ed Follows
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 23:55:33 +0100

Robert wrote:

John wrote:

> prior to the re-branding and reorganisation of the site - it was really
> straightforward and made a lot of sense. now it's a jumble of
> speech bubbles
> and text links (and takes longer to upload for anyone using a modem).

I agree. It had a sense of purpose and looked as though it'd been designed
by one person with a focus. Now it lacks that direction, as so often happens
when projects (of all kinds) get bigger and more people work on them.

JMTCW,

[>] My feeling totally. I used to use it quite a lot but hardly ever go there now due to reasons of speed, usability and 'friendliness'! I still don't understand the thought process behind combining the second hand items sold by Joe Bloggs with the first hand ones from QXL: surely it's logical to allow a user to select whether they want a second hand item or not rather than just being bombarded with a list of 150 items all jumbled together.

The icons they use to differentiate between them are quite funky though ;-)

Ed