Subject: RE: Loosemore's law (was UKNM: Fast-loading sites)
From: Rod Begbie
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:20:45 +0100

ARSE! I left in a rush, and hit ALT+S to send, not CTRL+S to save.

The point I was *about* to make was to back up Tom -- that despite all this
lovely cheap bandwidth, if a site is pain in the arse to get through, no
matter how quick it downloads, I'm still not going back.

My most hit bookmarks are things like BBC News, Slashdot, BankBoston's
Homelink -- Nice, HTML-based, quick loading pages. If it has shedloads of
Java scrollies, Flash doobries or shedloads of GIFs with no ALT tags (still
a crime, cause graphics don't load *that* quickly if there are loads of
them), I'm not going back.

Worst offender of the moment: http://www.pixelon.com/ -- Long wanky Flash
intro that you can't skip, which takes over your whole screen before you can
get to the "content" (which, bar a Spice Girls video isn't really worth
getting to). Tried it once, not going back in a rush.

Right... enough chat. I'm off to download some warez.

rOD.