Subject: Re: UKNM: Fast-loading sites
From: Lee Rickler
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:17:49 +0100

front page!!! ooooerrr ... !!!

On the subject of bloated 'mel and software I recommend using apps like Dreamweaver/ Cyberstudio etc if only for their speed. I still use them when needed, sometimes thats all that companies have on their machines, but strongly insist on trimming the code in wordpad/ simpletext etc.
I have found this to be the fastest method.
Recently I had to adapt a 100 page site to style sheets. Thanks to global search and replace, not available on text editors, it took me around 3 mins to trash all font tags - over 6,000 in all!!! How long would this have taken to do by hand ?

Cheers,

Lee