Subject: Re: UKNM: Meta Tags?
From: Jo Chipchase
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:37:59 +0100

Lee Rickler wrote:

>Short story ....
>
>I coded some pages for a client.
>The client started getting funny about payment.
>Then decided, because I wanted payment, that they would get "a friend" to
do
>the work and that they would sacrap all that I had done.
>A few months went by and I checked his work.
>Oh what a suprise! he had copied all my meta tags, including tags that I
put
>in purely for my own use.
>I confronted the client, they said they didn't use any of my work, as an
>excuse not to pay, I pointed out the personal tracking tags, they how did I
>manage to find out anyway!
>
>In the end the client paid up, "the friend", got sacked and I got more work
>from them, (with payment up front!).
>
>Moral of the story - DON'T NICK TAGS!!

Have you seen the 'nightmare client' section in Create Online mag? You
get some funny tales. The worst one, from my own personal experience,
concerns a client who would wait until their site was due to go live and
then email an example of a design they liked better - usually a site their
boss had found while browsing the previous day (cue: me pulling hair
out). Usually, the sample design would be something hugely inappropriate -
such as a portal for students or a clunky example of ancient Flash. "Can't
you do something like that," they would say. Considering that they only
had 10 content pages and were operating at the dryer end of the B2B
spectrum, I hardly think the student portal layout, complete with clip art
and content management system, would have been suitable!

Another moral of the story - GET THINGS SIGNED OFF !!

Jo.

Can-U-Hack-It
Internet, editorial & publicity services
* www.canuhackit.net * www.ukpress.org *