Subject: RE: UKNM: localised Web ad campaigns
From: Russell Goldsmith
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:36:31 +0100

> The legal position is indeed interesting. I think there hasn't been any
> case law to test the moderator's position on a moderated mailing list,
and I
> certainly hope Sam won't be the first. Meanwhile any lawyer any of us are
> likely to hire will spend a lot of time thinking about this and researching
> it, so as to get away from boring contract law, and will charge us
> handsomely for the privelege. Caveat emptor.

wasn't there a case a couple of years ago regarding Jimmy Hill and a
message on a bulletin board on one of the Soccer sites where someone posted
a message questionning either his parentage or his sexual preferences
(allegedly!)

Maybe my old buddy at Foresight - Glen - can enlighten us as I think he
used to deal with Fulham FC at one of his old haunts

Russ

Russell Goldsmith
Director
4DC