Subject: UKNM: Mail Server Virgin!
From: Steve Andrews
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 14:45:50 +0100

We've got a BT leased line and are running our own DNS and mail server. BT has just sent us a message saying that they believe we may be the subject of spam activity. I've checked the mail server activity and the security system and can find no evidence of anything untoward - the only regular, reasonably heavy flow of mail comes from being on this list - and typically BT can offer us no further explanation.

Has anyone any ideas, clues or general comment on what else to look out for, where else to look or other action which I can take.

All advice gratefully received

Steve Andrews
WNBC Ltd, SE1
Steveatwnbc [dot] co [dot] uk