Subject: RE: UKNM: Banners ads, again
From: Lee Rickler
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 16:44:36 +0100

>Rob Masters said some very interesting points about banners.
>
>1. The banner he mentions was designed and placed by WebPromte UK
>
>He raises the question about loosing the branding by not putting a logo
>or URL on which normally I would agree with. However this banner
>was tested against 6 others which were branded and the clicks were
>much higher for the unbranded - and we were after clicks to test a
>site. We tested the same banner with the URL on and it failed.

<snip>
We are a totally curious race.
If something has "pepsi" written all over it you know instantly what it
is, form an opinion on the product and take action all within a split
second.
If on the other hand a product is anonymous we are totally besotted and
need to know what it is right now !!!
It's human nature.

Lee

* -- leeaturbanmediadesigns [dot] com -- *
* -- urbanmediadesigns.com -- *
* -- djindex.com -- *
* -- summerfestivals.com -- *
* -- and soon ... releasethegroove.com -- *