Subject: Re: UKNM: How much is that website in the window?
From: Martin Reeves
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:32:42 +0100

Hi,

>If anyone knows of any good sources of information please let me know - I'm
>particularly looking to get an idea of the range of expenditure on on-line
>shopping sites, contrasted with typical expenditure in the US.

I spent a while hunting down this sort of information myself but to no avail.
Despite all the press that e-commerce gets there are surprisingly few decent
UK secure e-commerce sites (that I could find anyway!)

There's a decent list of secure e-commerce sites at

http://www.shopguide.co.uk/
which you might find useful.

With regards to the e-commerce big boys such as DELL and QVC (just launching
a UK site) I'm pretty sure that a large chunk of what has been developed for
their US sites is simply technology that they re-package and re-use over this
side of the pond. Therefore in the case of the multinationals a true
comparison can't really be made.

Some useful information primarily on the US market can be found at

http://www.netb2b.com/cgi-bin/cgi_wpi_archive

Best Regards
Martin
FOCUS DIGITAL LIMITED http://www.focusdigital.co.uk/
Internet Consultancy and high impact web design solutions.
Martin Reeves, Managing Director Tel: +44 (0) 1889 576213