Subject: Re: UKNM: Search Engines
From: Jamie Unwin
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 16:35:25 +0100

>2. a clever piece of software that detects spiders and sends them to
>'spider friendly' pages while 'real' people are directed to 'real'
>pages.

I don't know if I would call this a 'clever piece of software',
a nice hack or a sneaky but usefull trick, possibly ;-)

It simply involves reading the manual for your relevent web server,
or to get whoever is in charge of your web server to read the maual.

jamie
Jamie Unwin : jamieatnml [dot] guardian [dot] co [dot] uk : http://www.guardian.co.uk
The Guardian : 3-7 Ray Street, London, EC1R 3DJ : Tel. 0171 713 4469
jamieatjamie [dot] net : http://www.jamie.net : http://www.poke.com