Subject: RE: UKNM: viral marketing
From: Robin Edwards
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 16:06:50 +0100

On Friday, September 17, 1999 2:26 PM, Jason Dale [SMTP:jasonatloquax [dot] co [dot] uk]
wrote:
> The BOL book giveaway was good, but has anyone got any views
> on the great 10 million Jungle one? No one we know actually
> received either A Bug's Life or the Boyzone CD (chosen as first
> choice) - but instead received a Jungle branded copy of one of two
> software titles.

<SNIP>

> The big question then is - where's the freebie A Bug's Life - and
> who got it?
>
> I guess the idea worked for Jungle as people did visit and are still
> yacking about it - whether they shop there is another case entirely.

I can't remember if it was on their site, but I always thought the law required
you to post the full details of any promotion like this, such as "we will give
away 1 copy of a video , 1 Boyzone CD (used) and 300,000 copies of OEM software
lifted fresh from a magazine coverdisk."

Maybe I just missed it - partly because I was so fed up with waiting for the
pages to download. The free stickers in the freebie pack was a good idea
though, and the illustrations are quite good.

I doubt I'll shop there myself, it seems too clumsy. Dabs Direct, on the other
hand, claim to have shipped 1.5 million pounds worth of stock through their web
site in August, so I decided to ad to their coffers by ordering a laptop
backpack, which was quick and easy to do. (I have no affiliation with Dabs -
just a long-term satisfied customer)

Robin

--
Robin Edwards