Subject: Re: FLASH: Javascript/FSCommand
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 17:40:13 GMT

Hi Brian,

> I made a flash movie that communicates with my javascript (I got
> the original coding for browsers and such from using Aftershock), but it
> won't let me chnage the URL of another frame. I'm trying to use this:

First the MIME is not set on your server, this makes troubleshooting
your page take much longer since I couldn't use my Netscape 3 and why I
didn't answer sooner.

Two problems:
1) You don't have the VBScript needed to capture the ActiveX subroutine
and convert it to the Function. This will prevent it from working in IE
Win 95/98/NT. Also there is no Object which is also needed.

2) You are not capturing the commands from the Flash Movie.

function dorp2_DoFSCommand(command, args)
should be
function navmovie_DoFSCommand(command, args)

navmovie is the name in the EMBED and should also be the id in the
Object.
See http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Index.htm#Scripting
Esp. 4160