Subject: Re: FLASH: 3d vector art
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 17:50:04 GMT

Hi Lefteris and all,

> I was in a hurry to create a demo of a 3D animation with CorelDraw and put
> it online. As you pointed out it is crude example of want you can do with
> the program.
My main point is that whether done in bitmaps or vectors the external 3d
creation process is usually the smaller (though creatively the most
important) part of a 3D for Flash animation. Tracing and optimizing
generally take most of the project time. Using CorelDraw can be a time
saver since you eliminate the need for tracing.
We are hoping that some of the 3D Animation programs will start
including 2D vector output options preferably in Flash format. Let your
favorite 3D company know you need this feature.