Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash 3 corupt FLA 2!
From: Jayma
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 21:38:10 GMT

Not the exact same error, but I am running on a Mac, and had a Flash crash recently. When I tried to reopen the file... I got an "Invalid File" error, losing 5 hours of work since my last backup. It's got me paranoid enough that I am double saving everything (master and backup) every 10 minutes or so! I was never able to get that file back, but it looked to be all there (file size). Would love to hear if someone knows if you can save these files, or do you just take in the chin and start over?

Jayma

>Well, Its happened to me twice in two different FLAs on two different occassions
>now.
>Ill be working on a FLA and then Flash crashes. When I try to re-open Flash and
>open the FLA it crashes Flash3 every time. Ive tried everything, re-boot,
>re-install,
>rename,etc etc etc, I cant boot it up on my old Mac, because I dont have a Mac
>version of FLash.
>The corrupt file is the exact same size as previous saved versions so as far as
>I can tell theres no loss
>of data.
<snip>