Subject: FLASH: Should i get Photoshop?
From: Eva Isabel/E Graphics
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:59:17 GMT

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your tips on converting my site to HTML. Your advice has been
very helpful!
I would like to know your opinion about this:
When i took my first clases on computer graphics (when i was 17 i guess) i
learned how to use Corel Draw and Corel Photopaint. I left the subject for
a while and took a job that wasn't related to graphic design at all, and
after seven years, when i finally made up my mind and decided to work as a
web designer, i chose Dreamweaver for the html stuff and Photopaint for the
images, because i already had some experience using it. Then I discovered
Flash and that made me worship Macromedia even more. That's why i bought
Fireworks later and got rid of my old Photopaint. I know a lot of you guys
(probably the most of you) use Adobe Photoshop instead, for the image
editing. My doubt is if you use Photoshop because it is actually better
than Fireworks, or because it has been on the market for a longer period and
you already know how to use it.
On the other hand, even that I feel pretty comfortable with Fireworks, i
still haven't found out if there are good plugins out there for Fireworks.
(if u know of some please let me know!). And i know there are hundreds of
excelent plugins for Photoshop. So, basically, what i would like to ask to
those of you who have used both, Fireworks and Photoshop, wich one do u
recommend the most, and most important, why? I just have this feeling that
i might be loosing something extremely useful using Fireworks instead of
Photoshop, but i wouldn't like to invest my money on Photoshop f it turns
out that i could have achieved the same results using my reliable Fireworks.
What do u guys think?
Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Eva Isabel

PS sorry for any spelling mistakes ....