Subject: Re: FLASH: Cowardly Threats and Vulgar Misconceptions -- was: Re: wintahel
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:37:55 GMT

Hi All,

I was very sad to receive Frederico's email this morning, particularly
considering the useful informative place the flasher mailing list has
become over the last few months. I will take whatever action I'm able to
keep things on track. If you are having problems like this, please email me
at helpatchinwag [dot] com.

Many things provoke strong reactions on the mailing lists that run from
chinwag, and whilst the first response is to jump online and hit straight
back, I urge everyone to stop and think before replying. Email is text,
it's hard to capture the context in which it is said (or typed), sarcasm
can backfire, that witty remark taken as plain offensive. Be careful of
others, be mindful of what you say, 2000 people are reading.

I realise this case is different, as someone has taken the time to make a
pre-meditated attack. If this happens to you, please take appropriate
action by reporting it to the various authorities.

On a personal note, it's a horrible thing to happen to anyone on the list,
particularly to Frederico, who has over the last few months helped me
considerably by bringing problems with the list's configuration to my
attention.

Right...let's get back to our normal programming (no pun intended) shall we?

-----
This message was sent by the Chinwag List Owner

http://www.chinwag.com

Home of the UK-Netmarketing, UKNM-jobs, Flasher,
Shockwave and other mailing lists.

- for help unsubscribing <helpatchinwag [dot] com (mailto:helpatchinwag [dot] com)>
- for sales enquiries <salesatchinwag [dot] com (mailto:salesatchinwag [dot] com)>
- for general feedback <feedbackatchinwag [dot] com (mailto:feedbackatchinwag [dot] com)>