Subject: Re: FLASH: Get Property in Specifice Frame
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 05:32:14 GMT

Hi, Larry

If I understand your question....you want to get the x position of a certain
"child movie clip" when it is at a specific frame of its action within
another movie clip?

Like you have a "Cat" movie clip on the main timeline, and a "Tail" movie
clip within it. You want to find out the x position of the tail at frame 4
of the Cat movie clip?

You will need to have the Tail send its position, not go get it. That is,
in frame 4 of the cat movie clip, do a Set Variable "TailPos" =
(GetProperty(Tail,_x)) then you can get the variable from anywhere. (Refer
to it as /Cat/:TailPos)

You can't get at it the other way around, as it is a "moving target" so to
speak.

I think where you have seen frames referred to with colons, (like in
"/MovieClip/:framename") is in a Call statement - that refers to the frame
actions of a specific frame (labelled "framename") within the MovieClip
instance.

HTH

~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
charderatawsolution [dot] com