Subject: Load Movie/ Tell Target
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:48:07 +0100

I would appreciate help with format and syntax for load movie/ tell target.
Here's what I want to do:

My main movie has a 400+k sound that I want to make play from a button in
the main movie timeline. I'm hoping that making ithe sound its own movie
will help things stream more efficiently. Especially nice would be if that
sound could be made to start playing as many times as the main movie button
is pushed (creating a layered sound effect). I've had success
putting sounds in looping clips and controlling them with buttons in the
clips, but the whole
load movie/tell target has me stuck.

The main movie has a preload section to buy some time. Then all the main
action takes place in a single frame at the end, using movie clips for
animation effects.

Here are my questions:
-What should the sound movie look like? An on/off loop? Or just an event
sound?
-When and how should it be loaded from the main movie to have it accessible?
-Can it be loaded without it starting to play right away?
-What should the button instance action look like in the main movie?
-In Load Movie must I enter any target values other than the name
of the sound movie ? It's in the same folder as everything else.

To those who tried to view my Audio Playground movie, my apologies: it ran
okay on my desktop but somehow the timeline actions caused it to freeze
over the internet. Thanks for
any and all help!

Marc Hoffman