Subject: FLASH: Flash 4 Variables - weeeee
From: Gilbert Irias
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:57:31 +0100

Maybe I'm just tired, but I'm having a tough time getting a grip on
variables in Flash 4. Perhaps I've been too spoiled by Director.

Right now I have an MC where I keep all my variables and make calls to them.
Is this the only way to have global variables? Anyway to track them aside
from setting up temp text fields to write to? Also, does this MC have to
have an instance on the stage to get called (I'm guessing you do for the
/MCName:Frame call.) And is the root still referred to as _level0?

I shall now perform the "WishInNextUpgrade" dance to the Macromedia gods
that they let us resize the scripting window in the next version.

Thanks for your help and I hope all is well.
Gilbert Irias
Web Designer

A l p h a n u m e r i c a
www.alphanumerica.com