Subject: Re: FLASH: A possible bug in flash4???
From: John Croteau
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 00:41:00 +0100

Hi Miguel,

> I used a movie clip that it is rotating using "set property rotation".
> The movie clip rotates very well based on the GetTimer function but...
> it is scaling down by itself!!!!
> Can anybody check the fla file to see if I did something wrong
> or it is just a bug???
> http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/morrosco/timer.html

Yes, it is a bug that I have already pointed out and it is shown in my
Get Properties Tutorial.
http://www.FlashBible.com/Members/ActionScript/GetProperties.htm
If no one comes up with a solution by Friday I'll post mine.

There is a bug demonstated in the GetProperties Bird demo.
It has two repercusions so the question is:
1) What is the bug?
If mutiple property rotations are applied to an object it is reduced in
size as well.
2) What is causing the bug?
3) How do you prevent the bug?

Note, a solution of putting the rotation in a variable and setting
Rotation to zero before applying the rotation appears to only work with
the circle.
I am very disappointed since it was a much easier solution than mine.

I have a T-Shirt for the first persons to provide the best and most
complete solution. I'll take submissions until
Thursday July 1, 1999 (EST).